The Seasonal Stock Associate contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role maintains organization in the store and in the stock room by processing and replenishing merchandise. The Seasonal Stock Associate reports to a General Manager or a Store Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unwraps pallets, receives and processes merchandise to the sales floor and places back stock in stock room or top stock or cabinets on the sales floor.
- Maintains and organizes back-stock and stock room.
- Stocks and replenishes the sales floor (using FIFO), faces product, and ensures pricing integrity according to visual standards. MOS as necessary.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and integrity. Audits shipment quantity by SKU against manifest or pallet manifest according to SOP guidelines.
- Maintains a clean store environment, including restrooms. Breaks-down cardboard and removes waste from the store, including pallets, to designated waste disposal area.
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards.
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers and store management team.
- Protects customers, employees, and company assets. Notify manager on duty of safety risk or threat in the store.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by MOD/ General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place retrieving merchandise from storage and/or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including early morning, nights, weekends and during non-operating hours as business dictates.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 50 lbs.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous stock experience in a retail or merchandise driven environment, preferred.
- Retail sales and/or customer service experience, preferred.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.