The Seasonal Cashier contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role assists customers by accurately and efficiently completing sales transactions, completing the sale by suggesting additional items and maintaining visual standards at the cash wrap. The Cashier reports to a General Manager or a Store Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards.
- Accurately and efficiently processes a variety of transactions via the POS including, but not limited to, sales, returns, price checks and etc.
- Shares product assortment and services such as, gift registry and cooking classes with customers. Demonstrates products upon request of a customer or as directed by a manager.
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains a clean store environment, including restrooms.
- Ensures pricing integrity, MOS products, stocks and replenishes the sales floor using FIF0 and according to visual standards.
- Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers and store management team.
- Protects customers, employees, and company assets. Notifies Manager on Duty of safety risk or threat in the store.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager on Duty, General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage and/or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year retail sales/cashier experience, preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.